Thursday, January 19, 2006

Well now - it has been quite a long time since I last wrote a blog. I suppose I'm writing it now because Kimmy left me a comment telling me that I'm no fun due to my lack of blogs.

Perhaps I'll rant about a few things that have been on my mind lately,

First off - today in my systematics class - why are all the kids in there such keeners??? I don't know if I'm being too observant or maybe even just plain nosy but - they have serious issues. It's mostly just the people in the front half of the classroom. The professor will be talking about something totally irrelevant to the material we're discussing, or he'll just mention a detail that would never in a million years be tested - and THEY STILL WRITE IT DOWN like it's a lesson on how to save yourself from the apocolypse. I mean, come on now. Does it really matter that Darwin got seasick while he was on the Beagle? No...or does it matter that Simpson came to the university to speak in the 80's?

NO. period.

So this is dedicated to all you eager kids staring expectantly at the prof, while frantically writing down everything that comes out of his mouth - PUT YOUR PENS DOWN AND SAVE THE TREES!! Save your ink! And if the environment doesn't count for anything, well then for crying out loud, save yourself a little brainpower and effort. And don't make me feel like a slacker for actually listening to the teacher while he lectures.

That felt nice. :D

My second rant is directed at stuffed up noses. Or clogged sinuses, whichever works for you. I have a stuffed up nose; I have a cold! And no matter how hard I try, I just cannot fix my problem with a kleenex - so therefore I cannot breathe. It's that simple. I'm not complaining about my nose, I'm just angry at the stupid guy who cannot dress worth his life who sits a seat over to my right in Marine Science. Please don't stare at me everytime I make a futile attempt at breathing - I am merely trying to allow some airflow into my nostril - don't stare at me for trying - I know it might possibly be annoying but if it is pissing you off, then TELL ME. So yes, please stop staring and then I might try to be satisfied with one nostril. Or just give me a coughdrop for God's sake.

And this last rant concerns the good folks at Tim Horton's. When I order tea, please try to put the lid on right. My tea tried to kill me this morning and almost succeeded. Tricky tea, that stuff. Spilled out right onto my mittened hand. Before I managed to get the poor mitten off, the tea had already accomplished its mission of burning me and my mitten. I feel sorry for my mitten. And I'm still angry with the tea. So Tim Horton's lids? You can kiss my ass!

Oh joy, I get to go and sit through three hours of botany. I get to draw six whole diagrams of bryophytes. YAY, life just got a whole lot better.

No comments: