Saturday, February 05, 2005

Mystery Lake

First of all - Congratulations to MAIN HENDAY!! We did it guys - WE WON SKULK!! oh wow...using the word that I wrote on Alison's board last night before going to bed - it's incomprehendable! But I just found out that that isn't actually a word...the word that I want is 'incomprehensible'. Woops. Haha
Okay...so Skulk started on Sunday, with the volleyball games. I didn't get back in town from Calgary until midnight that night - and plus, i don't play volleyball. Then on Monday every team had to go out onto the ice..well, it was more like slush. There were various relay races and other things that required Main Henday girls to chug 0.5% nasty-ass beer. It actually wasn't that bad, except for that my front was soaked! Twas fun. I was carried by Charko - I thought it would be scary being carried by him because under normal circumstances I wouldn't necessarily trust him with my safety...but it was fine; he's freakin' strong! So on Tuesday the eating contest began - it was so sick. I mean, I pride myself on being able to eat moldy, expired food, but it was gross. Main Henday boys left everyone behind with a time of 2 minutes and 6 seconds. So that was good. Later on we had to all dress up in drag. I will forever be scarred from some of those pictures. Kimmy and I supplied the majority of the girly clothes for the boys. I'm never going to look at those clothes in the same way ever again, but that's okay..we still won Skulk. Then there was the Mad Skulker (a.k.a. J.J.) running through the wings at weird late hours...we still got the little lanyard thing out of his pants. That sounds vaguely dirty, which wasn't my intention - it's J.J. Wednesday was the dumb family feud - Dani and I went for a little while, then we decided that Ice Caps were more important, so we went and got one. Then we proceeded to fill it with lots of Malibu. Yummy. Thanks Dani! That made some of the stresses go away, which is probably not a good thing. Filling up the void with alcohol. LOL. We had dodgeball against 2mac - we were slaughtered, unfortuately. 4-1, final score. Meh, it's all okay. Thursday -----HOLD IT!

Guess who just called our room???? Hahahhahaahahahaha, this is awesome. Kimmy just got a very surprising phone call...from STEVE..otherwise known as POS. LOL, this is fantastic. I feel justified in writing about this in my blog because she is my roommate. She doesn't really mind though - the only people who read our blogs are our friends, who she'll tell more details to. I will clear this up for the record..I was going to write about it after the Skulk stuff, because sometimes order is nice..but, Kim got intoxicated last night. Even more drunk than Alison and I, which is odd. BUt yeah...on the bus ride back Alison and I noticed that she was sitting with him...which naturally aroused(haha, romance novel Dani?) our suspicions. We tried to get her away, but no can do. So, I guess they were hanging out that night and 'getting to know eachother'. Everyone does stuff like that at the bar..some more so than others...some people have lists..! (me? possibly..?) He asked her if she wanted to go to Steeps with him..or meet him there! She is kind of dumbfounded right now. I just asked her if she was, and she said 'yup!'. Hehe. But even though it's him, I think she should be more open-minded. He seems to genuinely, almost care for her. He was concerned for her last night, asking if she was okay and trying to slow down her alcohol intake. I think she should give him a chance. Who knows right? Life always brings you the unexpected, and who would ever expect that? Sometimes I think I even need to take many more chances on everything - regret is a sad feeling. I once read somewhere that 'if only' are the two saddest words in the English language. I have to agree with that...should have, would have, could have. Who needs that on their conscience? So maybe I am overanalyzing this, but it all makes sense. Not that I'm saying anything is going to come of this - I am in no real position to anyways. And those, my friends, are my views on the situation.
Anyways, Thursday - Thursday I shaved Eric's legs for the drastic hair change...I didn't think it would be that bad at first, but once I was doing it, I found it really odd. I never would have thought that shaving somebody else's legs could be so strangely intimate. I'm not sure I liked it... Hmm. Weird. For once in my life, I really don't have anything to say about this.
Can you teach yourself how to write with your left hand, if you write with your right? I was just pondering this...are people just born being ambidextrous?
Thursday night our floor made a sculpture of some certain anatomy parts out of all the donated food. Poor food. It probably will never be the same again...there was even a green STD. Our sculpture won first place though, which was awesome. The entire time our floor was trailing behind 8. Some of us honestly didn't think we were going to do it...it certaintly was a trying time. People at eachothers throats and everything...some people are so obsessed with winning; it's sad.
I am really cold right now. Brrr. Really cold.
Early Friday morning we partook in the acclaimed 'Tequila Sunrise'. It was so horrible, waking up at 5am to truck up ten floors to do a shot of liquor and orange juice. Oh well - got us some participation points. People were being really obnoxious though about the people who didn't want to come along. I'm not even going to get into this now though. I'm sure we've all bitched about it enough.
Wow, this blog is getting long. I guess I have lots to say - there's probably not very much substance in it all.
So...yesterday I had the longest nap of all time. I didn't go to chemistry, which probably was not the smartest thing to do, but I value sleep. The whole lack of sleep was going against my values..I had to stop that. After dinner the judges came and looked at our scavenger hunt results...Alison, Kyle, Mike, Kate, Mike L. and I had to fit into a huge pair of 6X pants...believe me, they were big. I don't even think there are people that fat out there that would wear those things. Haha, Charko played the powerpoint presentation for the judges...I kind of got a glimpse of some of the after shots of the guys. I really didn't need that, but whatever. Hair all gone. And Kjell was entirely covered with marker. That was amusing. Also, every floor member had to give themselves wedgies. It was kind of uncomfortable...I didn't like it much. So, blah blah blah...that was the end of the Skulk competition...all we had left to do was await the results. It was very nervewracking.
Mystery Lake...ah, good times. The bus ride there took a long time because drunk people kept on making the driver stop for a pee-break. And this group of girls somehow managed to ruin every genre of music for Kim and I...their singing was so terrible. Once we got there everything was awesome...we ended up in Bonaccord...wherever the heck that is. The bar, or sports lounge I should say, was great...our floor snagged some prime seating in the back corner, complete with couches and chairs! Dani, Kim, and I brought along disposable cameras...I'm really excited to see what I took 27 pictures of...Kim doesn't even remember taking half of them...me either for that matter. It will be a surprise then! I don't really like surprises that much though...
The drinks weren't that expensive...hardly, comparing to the club prices in Edmonton or Calgary...$3.75 for a cooler is awesome. Lets see, what did I drink? I had a Smirnoff, one rum-and-coke, a pitcher of vodka slime, a strawberry daquiri cooler, and a a tequila shot..plus the two pre-drinking drinks. I can put back a surprising amout...and I really wasn't that smashed. It was one of those good drunks, you know? Usually being drunk isn't a good thing, but if you are going to be, you don't want one of those 'what the hell did I do last night?' drunks. I'm sure everybody reading this will know what I mean. Not bad, not bad. The dancing was good...our floor was having tons of fun...which only increased when they announced that Main Henday won Skulk. I think everybody spilled half of their drinks because we were all jumping up and down so much...it was one big orgy after that...but a good orgy, if there is such a thing as a good one...hugs and kissses galore. After that, we were pumped. I can't wait to order some Skulkwear...we'll get 'champions' written on the back...awesome.
Okay...I was having this conversation with Alison this morning...why can't I be just friends with guys? She says it's because I'm just so nice to all of them and they take that the wrong way...maybe that's my problem...I can't be bitchy? I think I can be pretty mean when I want to be...I've scared Kim quite a few times with my glares...so what? Am I just supposed to be friends with girls? That's not very fair...I mean...I'm still great friends with Tyler, despite what happened that night at the Armoury...and Mike and I are fine now, after all the shit that has happened. I love it when my problems are solved; the world just seems to be a much happier place...but I mean..I don't know. Every time people from our floor are out, I find some guy coming on to me. Last night it was Eric, and even Mike at a few points...what the fuck??! I know I've done some stupid crap in my time, but still. It's not cool. Eric is my FRIEND...but I'm getting all the signs that that's not what he wants to be. So now I don't know what to do. I know he was drunk last night...but I can read all the signs..I'm not stupid. I'm just confused. Kjell came up to me last night and was all like, 'go and dance with Eric'. I just asked why, and he said 'why not?' What the eff?? I absolutely hate it when I find out things through other people, or when they can't come up to me themselves. This is messed up. CRAAAAAAAP. Crap, crap, shit.
Kim left for Steeps..finally. She takes forever to get ready, but she looks really nice. I bugged her and make kissy sounds when she was leaving. Hee. Now I am alone.
Alone.
Lalalala, what to do? This blog is amusing me greatly...but unfortunately, my low GPA will not amuse my parents. BLAH. I hate school. That's the thing that scares me the most..what if I am doing all of this for nothing? It's kind of freaky. This is just like high school X 100. I think I'm going to turn on my lava lamp. That usually calms me down. I wish I could nap, but I've already done enough of that. hahahaha, my sleepy hangover is finally subsiding though - that is a good thing.
Amy...we ARE going to laughing class on Tuesday. It will probably help us both. And no more sojourns from Main anymore. We love you and we all want you here. Capisce? Bene...Alrighty...I'm going to POST this biatch - have fun reading.

1 comment:

Dancing Jelly Bean said...

Man was friday a good night. I am so glad we won Skulk and it was an awesome time. Thanks for taking care of me even though I tend to fight you off. This last week will be a week to remember. Haha. :)