So, this morning I felt super pathetic. I guess it's really not that bad, but still. I woke up around quarter to seven, probably about 1.5 hours short of my desired wake up time...yes, I know, 6:15 is kind of unrealistic if I went to bed at half past one, but still. I have FOUR alarm clocks and I still can't even get up right away. And somehow, in the twilight zone, my half-awake stage of sleeping, I can justify anything - not waking up to study included. Apparently panic or the need for review doesn't penetrate into my sleep.
Once I dragged myself out of bed, I participated in an epic battle with my computer, or rather, the university and its deranged 'set of learning tools', WEBCT. I hate that program. WEBCT: 1 Leanne: 0. I know, it's pathetic. I really wanted to look at my EAS notes, I really did, my computer just wouldn't let me. I wonder if that's a good enough excuse for not doing so well? I will pretend it is.
My pathetic morning didn't realize its full potential until around 8:15, when I finally psyched myself into calling Damian to tell him that no, I could not make it for breakfast, because A) I am lazy, B) I procrastinate way too much, C) I have no sense of direction, and D) I might not have had enough time to get to English. Those four excellent reasons add up to Pathetic. But wait, it gets even better. So I call the # he gave me; to my relief, the # was not available. Then I text his cell, telling him I cannot come, and that he should give me a call later. (This being the secondary part of my brilliant plan to ask him out...the inital stage was executed last night, by using my wonderful skills at flirting. Yes, I still have them). So I then realize that perhaps I should shower, because everyone likes a shower. I bring my cell phone into the washroom, thinking that he probably won't call, but you never know, he always could. Yeah, he called. And it was super loud. Very loud ringing = annoying for everyone, myself included. The purple mat got really wet in my lightning-speed attempt to get to the phone quickly. At least he didn't know that water was dripping everywhere and that I had a huge 'P' scrawled across my forehead. No, I was friendly and calm and all-around great, so great that I now have a date for sometime this week/weekend. I now remember that he was the good looking new Starbucks boy back from October, the one that had a girlfriend. That makes it even better. And oh yeah, I only brought my phone into the washroom because I didn't want it to be beeping while I was in the shower. We'll leave it at that.
On a more annoying note - I hate my job. I think that place brings out the worst in me. 6.5 hours of my life, wasted tonight, because I realized that yes, I can get away with doing absolutely nothing for that length of time. Apparently, I am just that good. Except for that's bullshit, because I was standing in Starbucks, in my vest, for a good chunk of the night, ignoring the phones for the most part, not asking people if they needed help, and talking with Derek for the rest of it. Oh yes, and a grand total of an hour for my break. Because I decided that I needed another break after my first 45-minute one. I will never get that time back. But I still wish I could get away with that much socializing all the time. Because that would be awesome. And I really love free anything from Starbucks. Tonight Alec was all like...oh no, I touched your cookie, I can't charge you for it now. In addition to my espresso. Apparently Derek thinks those people from Starbucks are pretentious assholes - I don't know about pretentious, a little snobby maybe, but they work at Starbucks. That's like working at Abercrombie or Hollister. You kind of need it. The customers are snobby enough as it is...'yes, I would like my grande half-sweet non-fat toffee nut americano, with room, PRONTO, because my little cute laptop might get stolen off of the table scattered with my pens and other artsy looking things. And oh no, you did not just fuck up my drink!'........I HATE THOSE PEOPLE. First off, bringing your laptop to Starbucks does not make you look cool. I hope you drop it in puddle on your way home. Or leave it on the roof of your supercool car. Second, having black hair combed over to the side with random streaks of yellow scattered throughout, does not make you punk. Neither do those tapered jeans and sneakers. I'm sorry, you look stupid. Anyways, the point is that the people who work at Starbucks pretty much save my life where work is concerned. I would likely die from caffeine deprivation and then from not having anyone to gossip with. They are awesome people. Who know how to make me coffee.
Beartracks kicked me off at exactly 2am. Do they not realize that students like to procrastinate on things like creating their schedules? I object to that. 2am is not a reasonable hour, I doubt they do that much site-maintenance. Anyways, I don't care, I just need a decent schedule. And nobody better steal my courses before Friday at 6am. And oh yes, I will be awake for 6am, ready to pilfer and pillage my way to a degree. Maybe one day. And specialization/honours kids can just go bite me. I know they don't read this, but - 'I dislike you'. And so now, I get to strategically plan out my schedule, so that maybe I won't die from fatigue in my fourth year. Holy crap, fourth year. That is insane. I feel a little old, but I'll embrace the fact that I am still 20 for another few months. Although I really, really do want to turn 21. It's going to be fantastic.
Maybe I should go to bed...I really like Tuesdays, not having class right away REALLY helps me with the stress and amount of sleep I get. Tonight shouldn't be any indication of that, I had two coffees, it's not my fault I don't sleep. I think I'm completely and totally addicted. I'm fine with that though. And now I'm babbling because I really am quite tired now.
Yay Bed. Yay Pillows. Yay Sleep.
Tuesday, March 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
what the deuce? I can't believe beartracks actually kicks you off at 2am. What a load of crack!!! (i decided to avoid using the s-word for some reason) muhahahaha. Thats funny too how you answered your phone mid-shower and still pulled off a good convo. Thats the wonder of being a woman...nothing will stop us!!!
Man I wish I could say that I am going into 4th year. I mean I have had a lot of fun at school this year and have enjoyed random art things but sometimes I wonder if I should have just stuck with the sciences and got my degree and then figured out what I wanted to do and gone into something else. Now I am basically starting from scratch and what if this doesn't work out. Then what will I do. You may struggle but you are way ahead of me in life!
Post a Comment